Halloween – the time where all things pumpkin is on-trend; Pumpkin carving, pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pies! But did you know your Halloween pumpkin leftovers can be used within your beauty routine or to create a delicious smoothie!
Pumpkins not only taste amazing but they are one of the best natural skin healers and moisturisers helping smooth the skin with their fruit enzymes and hydroxy acids (AHA). This increases cell turnover making it a great beauty treat for your skin, studies have shown that pumpkins can help retain skin moisture and fight against free radicals as they are jam-packed with wrinkle-fighting vitamins A, C, E as well antioxidants that help nourish and brighten the skin along with boosting your natural collagen production.
The zinc in pumpkins makes combatting acne easier as zinc is fantastic at controlling hormone levels and oil production as well as assisting with your skin’s healing.
Due to the many benefits of pumpkins, it’s no wonder people are starting to use pumpkins in their ‘at home’ beauty. Pumpkins are not only great for your skin but also provide benefits for your hair. Pumpkin-based hair conditioners, DIY or store-bought, provide the necessary minerals such as potassium, the previously mentioned zinc and folate to stimulate hair growth by improving blood circulation in the scalp and Vitamin A, which assists in strengthening hair follicles creating healthy strong roots helping complement the benefits of your Vida Glow Marine Collagen!
So now that you have all the inside scoop on beauty’s new treat while everyone is busy pumpkin carving and sipping on pumpkin spice lattes why not treat yourself with our pumpkin hair conditioner, face mask and smoothie!
PUMPKIN CLEANSER/HAIR CONDITIONER
- Two cups pureed pumpkin
- 1tbsp almond milk
- 2tbsp honey
- ½tsp olive oil
- Blend together and smooth on to damp cleansed hair.
- Leave for 20 minutes, rinse off.
- This can be stored it in the fridge for up to a week!
PUMPKIN FACE MASK
- 1 Small slice of pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 small teaspoon of organic honey
- A few drops of apple cider or lemon juice
- Dice up a small slice of pumpkin, place in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Whisk half a cup of your freshly made puree, egg, honey and apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice.
- Apply freshly made face mask to clean skin, spreading all over the face and down the neck and decolletage.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Frozen banana
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) almond milk.
- Tablespoons (30ml) pure Agave Nectar
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (fresh)
- 1 cup ice.
- 1 scoop of Vida Glow Original Marine Collagen
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more almond milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
The post Pumpkin beauty tips: using up your halloween leftovers appeared first on Vida Glow Blog.