Although preparation is sometimes overlooked, it is one of the most effective things we can do now to ensure a smooth sailing festive season. However boring and uninteresting it may seem, it is a valuable skill that can drastically reduce the build-up of stress and anxiety. For those of us that aren’t natural planners, preparation is something that can be mastered with practice and discipline.
These couple of months are often some of the most enjoyable of the year, so how can we ensure we aren’t feeling overwhelmed by them? We have collected a few tips to help alleviate some of the hard work, and hopefully contribute to a smooth-sailing season ahead. After all it should be an enjoyable experience; a break from work, more time spent with family and friends, and most importantly… a chance to relax and rejuvenate before the new year is here.
- Plan your Christmas shopping list now. Don’t wait until a week before Christmas to realise you have gifts to buy for your partner, parents, children, siblings, cousins and dogs. Not only will this remove the stress and rush from your shopping experience, but you may even be able to save some money by planning your gifts and grabbing them on sale!
- If you can, tick off some of your buying online. You will dodge the crowds and be able to browse for gifts without leaving the comfort of your own home. If this doesn’t help alleviate some stress… we’re not sure what will!
- Keep on top of the cleaning around your house over the next few weeks – doing a little bit at a time. That final clean before your guests arrive will only take half the effort since it has already been so well taken care of in the previous few weeks.
- If you are entertaining, plan the meals you are going to cook for your guests this week. Even have a practice run if that will help you feel more confident on the day! Any excuse for an extra roast the week before the big day… right?!
- Introduce Vida Glow’s Beauty Mind to your daily routine. Preparing your mind for a busy couple of months is one of the most productive things you can do to ensure a smooth sailing holiday season. This beauty blend contains the powerful herb Ashwagandha which is classified as an “adaptogen,” meaning it helps your body to manage stress, combat anxiety, and has a long list of other scientifically proven benefits as well. It can also help to lower blood sugar levels, reduce cortisol, boost brain function and concentration. By sipping on Beauty Mind in the afternoon each day, you are one step closer to a smooth-sailing festive season.
The post Are you prepared enough to combat the stress of the festive season? appeared first on Vida Glow Blog.